Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully as they apply to your use of this website (“Website”). By accessing this Website, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Use, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws and regulations. The materials contained in this Website are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download, where applicable, one copy of the materials (information) on this Website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials on this Website;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials on this Website; or
- transfer the materials to a third party or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Standard Electric Holdings Limited (the “Company”) at any time.
- After viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy and must not retain any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
3. Website Content
Content and materials on this Website are subject to copyright and possibly other intellectual property rights. Unless you are expressly authorised by law you must not sell, reproduce, distribute, modify, display, publicly perform, prepare derivatives works based on, repost or otherwise use any of the content on this Website in any way for any public or commercial purpose without our prior written consent.
The content included in this Website is provided “as is”. The Company does not give any other warranty, expressed or implied, or make any representation including without limitation that the content on this Website is complete or accurate or up-to-date. Further, the Company does not warrant or make any representations concerning the likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on this Website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any websites linked to this Website. The Company reserves the right in its sole discretion and without any obligation or notice or requirement to change, alter or edit the content on this Website.
The Company will not accept any liability whatsoever for any direct, incidental, consequential or indirect damages, loss or corruption of data, loss of profits, goodwill, bargain or opportunity or loss of anticipated savings or any other loss resulting from your access to, reliance on, or use of, or inability to use this Website, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, negligence or any other legal theory, and whether or not we know of the possibility of such damage.
6. Revisions and Errata
The Company does not warrant that any of the materials on this Website is accurate, complete, or error free including but not limited to technical, typographical, or photographic errors. The Company may make changes to the materials contained on this Website at any time without notice but does not make any commitment to update the materials.
The Company has not reviewed all of the websites linked to this Website and is not responsible for the contents or accuracy of any off-site pages or any other websites linked to this Website. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the Company. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
The Company will not be liable or responsible for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of your dealings with any off-site pages or any other websites linked to this Website.
8. Terms and Conditions of Use Modifications
The Company may change, alter or modify this Terms and Conditions of Use from time to time. Any changes to this Terms and Conditions of Use will be posted on this Website and any use by you of this Website after any such changes have been posted shall be deemed to indicate your agreement to the modified Terms and Conditions of Use.
9. The Use of this Website Is At Your Risk
- You use this Website at your risk. You must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any content, including reliance on the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any content on the Website. All information provided on or via this Website is for information purposes only.
- We do not guarantee that the content of this Website will be error free or that this Website or the server that operates it is free of viruses or other harmful components.
- If your use of this Website results in the need for servicing or replacing property, material equipment or data, we will not be responsible for such costs.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes, unless the personal data is also retained to satisfy any applicable statutory or contractual obligations.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- All personal data held by us will be kept confidential but we may, where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy the purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the data was collected provide such information to the following parties:
- Any subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies, or affiliates of, or companies controlled by, or under the common control with the Company;
- Any person or company who is acting for or on behalf of the Company, or jointly with the Company, in respect of the purpose or a directly related purpose for which the data was provided;
- Any other person or company who is under a duty of confidentiality to the Company and has undertaken to keep such information confidential, provided such person or company has a legitimate right to such information;
- the Company’s dealers, agents, contractors, suppliers and other telecommunication, information service providers and content providers; its professional advisers, including its accountants, auditors and lawyers; and
- Government and regulatory authorities and law enforcement agencies and other organisations, as required or authorised by law.
- Personal data may be disclosed to any person or persons pursuant to any statutory or contractual obligations or as required by court of law, provided such person or persons are able to prove the required right/ authority to such information.
- Personal data may also be disclosed under any of the circumstances described in Part VIII of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the “Ordinance”) as exemption from the provisions of the Ordinance.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
You may wish to verify (“right of access”) or update (“right of correction”) any personal information that you have submitted to us. You may contact us through the Website on how you can exercise these rights.
11. Governing Law
By accessing the Website, you agree that any claim relating to this Website shall be governed by the laws of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (“Hong Kong”) without regard to its conflict of law provisions and you also agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Hong Kong courts